Below are instructions on how to change a Framework-Dependent .NET Core application to a Self-Contained one (i.e. where all the assemblies are included) for Visual Studio 2017.
1) Start Visual Studio.
2) Open a new project by selecting File -> New -> Project (CTRL-SHIFT-N)
3) In the New Project window, choose .NET Framework 4.6 or higher and a programming language, select Web, then ASP.NET Core Application (.NET Core), give your project a name and click on OK.
4) In the next window, select the ASP.NET Core Version, highlight Web Application and click on the OK button.
5) Open the .csproj file in your project by right clicking on it in the Solution Explorer window and then selecting it.
7) Go to Tools -> NuGet Package Manger -> Package Manager Console to open the console window at the bottom.
8) In the console window, type in "dotnet restore" and hit enter. Wait for it to finish.
9) Rebuild your project (CTRL-SHIFT-B)
Now, you can deploy your solution to the platform of your choice without the need for certain assemblies to be installed on the server to support a particular .NET Core version.