Below are instructions on how to change a Framework-Dependent .NET Core application to a Self-Contained one (i.e. where all the assemblies are included) in Visual Studio 2015.
1) Start Visual Studio.
2) Open a new project by selecting File -> New -> Project (CTRL-SHIFT-N)
3) In the New Project window, choose .NET Framework 4.6 or higher and a programming language, select Web, then ASP.NET Core Application (.NET Core), give your project a name and click on OK.
4) In the next window, select Web Application and click on the OK button.
5) Open the project.json file in your solution and remove "type":"platform" under dependencies -> Microsoft.NETCore.App. The markup should look something like this:
7) Rebuild your project (CTRL-SHIFT-B)
Now, you can deploy your solution to the platform of your choice without the need for certain assemblies to be installed on the server to support a particular .NET Core version.