1. Download the publish settings file from the Control Panel Site Manager (Sites tab > Site Info > Web Deploy: [Publishing Information]) and save it in a temporary location
2. In Visual Studio 2012, right click on your project and select "Publish"
3. Click "Import" in the "Profile" section and select the file you downloaded in step 1
4. In the Connection section, most of the information should be pre-populated.
a. Enter the path where you want to publish your application
b. Enter the password for your Control Panel user account
5. On the Settings Page
a. Set up your destination database by clicking on the ellipsis to open "Destination Connection Strings"
b. Check "Use this connection string at run time"
c. Check "Update database" (Note: this update database method only migrates the schema of the database not the data)
6. Click the "Publish" button