How to run Telnet on MAC OS
- Go to the Applications folder.
- Navigate to the Utilities folder.
- Click on Terminal.
- At the command prompt enter:
- Telnet [YourDomainName.com] [port number]
How to run a Traceroute on MAC OS
- Launch Network Utility.
- Click Traceroute.
- Type the domain name you want the Traceroute performed on.
- Click Trace.
How to capture Telnet and Traceroute results on MAC OS
- Go to Edit/Select All. After everything is Highlighted go back to the menu bar Edit/Copy.
- Go to Applications folder.
- Navigate to TextEdit application.
- Once TextEdit is open to to the TextEdit menu bar.
- Click on Edit/Paste.
- Save the text file.
Note: The value domain name can be any domain name. As an example webmail.HostingAccountDomain.com where HostingAccountDomain.com is the domain to your account. [port number] is the port number you will be testing such as port 25 for SMTP or port 1433 for MS SQL.