Renewing a SSL certificate.
SSL certificates can be renewed up to 60 days prior to certificate expiration. To determine whether a certificate is eligible for renewal, go to the SSL Certificates tab in Control Panel and check the certificate status. If there is a "Renew" link next to the expiration date, the certificate can be renewed.
- Log into your WinHost control panel, and go to the Site Manager/SSL Manager.
- Click on the button “Generate a New CSR”.
- Take that CSR and give it to your SSL Authority/Provider so that they can generate you a new SSL certificate.
- If you purchased the SSL certificate from the WinHost control panel, go to the tab SSL Certificates.
- Navigate to the SSL certificate and click on the link “Renew” under the Exp. Date column.
- Paste the newly generated CSR on the text box and click on “Continue”.
- This will generate you a new SSL certificate.
Note: We recommend that you renew your certificate as soon as possible. Depending on the SSL Authority you purchase it from, the renewal period is typically 60 days prior to the actual expiration date on the certificate. Renewing your certificate within its renewal period (60 days) will affect the life cycle of your SSL certificate.
Note: If you have changed any of the information on the CSR when you re-generated it, you will need to request a new SSL certificate. This will take you back to the window as if you are ordering a new SSL certificate for the first time. Since you are ordering a new SSL certificate, this will affect the life cycle of your SSL certificate.
Installing the renewed SSL certificate
- Once you have received the new SSL certificate, log back into your WinHost control panel and navigate to the Site Manager/SSL Manager.
- Scroll down until you see the text box labeled “Install SSL Certificate”. Copy and paste the SSL certificate in that text box and click on the Submit button.
Note: When Copying and Pasting CSR certificates or SSL certificates ensure you include the certificate Header and Footer.
-----BEGIN NEW CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
-----END NEW CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
-----BEGIN NEW CERTIFICATE-----
-----END NEW CERTIFICATE-----
There's no such thing as too much security. SiteLock
scans your website to detect hacking, and SiteLock TrueShield has a Web Application Firewall to block online threats. Protect your site today