Windows 2008/IIS 7 and above allows a secure FTP connection via FTP over SSL. Note that this is not the same as SFTP (FTP via SSH), so you may have to experiment a bit with your FTP client settings to get a secure connection. Our tests were successful with the following.
- Click File -> New Connection
- Set the Protocol field to "FTPS (Explicit)"
- Fill in the following fields:
- Host – Enter either your domain name or the secondary FTP address in this field. Your secondary FTP address and FTP login information can be found in the Site Info section of Control Panel
- Username – Enter your FTP username.
- Password – Enter the password for this user.
- Click "Connect"
If you receive a generic "could not connect" error, or in implicit mode see an attempted connection to port 990, you have a configuration error. Please cut and paste the login information from Control Panel to make sure you are supplying the proper credentials.