These are instructions to configure a generic Android mobile device to connect to an Exchange ActiveSync account.
Before you can configure any device via ActiveSync with a Winhost email account, you will first need to enable it. Refer to this knowledge base article for instructions: Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
Follow these steps to configure your device to connect to your POP account with ActiveSync:
- Go to the Settings menu
- Go to Accounts menu and click "Add Account"
- Choose Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
- Enter the full email address of the POP account you will be accessing with ActiveSync
- Choose "Manual Setup"
- Enter the full email address of your POP account in the "Domain\username" text box
- Enter the POP3 server name (example: mail.HostingAccountDomain.com)
- Check "Use secure connection (SSL)"
- Click "Next"
- Click the "OK" button when you get an Activation window warning. Note: If this is your first time enabling ActiveSync for a Winhost email account on your phone, you may get a "certificate mismatch" warning. You can ignore this warning and click the "Continue" button.
- Choose the default Account Options and click "Next"
- Enter a name in the Account Name text box and click "Done"
Open your Android default email application to access your ActiveSync email account.