When you click "Next," the system will test the connection, and if successful you will be taken to the database Schedule Backup page.
- Verify that all tables are accounted for.
- Set the number of backups you want to store in the retention field.
- In the frequency field, select how often the backup should run.
- Select a start time for the backup.
- Set the time zone to your local time.
Click "Next" to finalize the settings and enter a unique profile name. Check "Start a backup now" to make an immediate backup of your site.
Restoring a MS SQL database
To restore from a backup you will first download the backup file:
- Go to the SiteBackup dashboard.
- Click the Download Files button for the database you wish to restore.
You will then be taken to the MS SQL Create Download window:
Choose the backup date you would like to download. In the Tables list you can view all of the tables and objects you will be downloading.
Click on the Download button and the database will be compressed in a zip file and downloaded to your computer.
To restore the database to your Winhost SQL database, you will need to decompress the zip file, then upload the backup file (it will end in the extension .BAK) to your site root via FTP.
You can use the SQL Management Tool in Control Panel to restore it to your production database.