To publish your web application using Web Deploy:
1. Download the publish settings file from the Control Panel Site Manager (Sites tab > Site Info > Web Deploy: [Publishing Information]) and save it in a temporary location
2. In Visual Studio 2013, right click on your project and select "Publish"
3. Click the "Import" button.
4. Select "Import from a publish profile file" and click "Browse"
5. Select the file you downloaded in step 1
4. In the Connection section, most of the information should be pre-populated.
a. Enter the path where you want to publish your application in the "Site name" field. For example, if you want to publish to the root directory of your account, set the Site name field as: HostingAccountDomain.com. If you want to publish to a subdirectory, set the Site name field to: HostingAccountDomain.com/YourSubdirectory
b. Enter the password for your Control Panel user account
5. In the Settings Page
a. Set up your destination database by clicking on the ellipsis to open "Destination Connection Strings"
b. Check "Use this connection string at run time"
c. Check "Update database" (Note: this update database method only migrates the schema of the database not the data)
6. Click the "Publish" button
To publish your web application using FTP:
- Open the project in Visual Studio 2013
- Click "Build > Publish." This will bring up the "Publish Web" dialog box.
- Change the "Publish Method" to "FTP"
- In the "Server" field, enter your FTP URL or the secondary FTP URL found in Control Panel
- In the "Site path" field, Enter the subdirectory you wish to upload the application to. If you want to publish onto the root of the site account you will need to leave this field empty.
- In "User name" field, enter the FTP user name found in Control Panel
- In the password field, enter the FTP password
- Click "Next" to determine the web.configuration you will publish
- Click "Publish"