Before you reset the password for your SmarterMail POP account, make sure you setup the “Backup Email Address” on the account.
Configuring the Backup Email Address
- Log in to the SmarterMail web mail interface (http://mail.[HostingAccountDomain.com])
- Go to Settings > Account Settings > User.
- Enter a backup address in the “Backup Email Address” text box.
Reset your email password
- Go to the SmarterMail web mail interface (http://mail.[HostingAccountDomain.com])
- Click "Forgot your Password?"
- Enter the full email address of the account.
- Complete the CAPTCHA.
The password reset email will be sent to the Backup Email Address of that POP account.
Note: If the email address does not exist, the email account is suspended, or if the “Backup Email Address” has not been set, you will see an error message.