In SmarterMail, each individual email user has the ability to set up an auto-responder that will automatically respond to email messages sent to that address.
- Log into to the SmarterMail webmail interface (https://mail.yourdomain.com) with the full email address of the user for whom you want to add an auto-responder message. (i.e.: name@HostingAccountDomain.com)
- Click the "Settings" link on the top side navigation menu (the icon that looks like gears).
- Click "Auto-Responder."
- Click "Enable Autoresponder"
- Under Options, switch features on/off according to how you want the autoresponder to behave. "Disable responses to indirect mail" will prevent the auto-responder from responding to email not directly addressed to you (for example, an email you get because you are listed in the CC: field). "Limit responses to once daily" will prevent the same sender from being sent an auto-response more than once a day.
- In the "Subject" field, enter the subject you want the automated response email to have.
- Under Options, select "HTML" or "Text" from the "Message Format" drop-down box. Note that some email providers may be more likely to mark HTML email as spam, so you may want to select "Text" to make sure the recipient sees your response.
- Click on the "Save" button.