The following instructions apply only to Web Site Projects. For Web Application Projects, please see this Knowledge Base article.
To publish your web site using the Publish Web Site feature:
- Open the Web Site project in Visual Studio 2012.
- Click Build > Publish. This will bring up the "Publish Web Site" dialog box.
- Expand the Target Location text box by clicking the … icon.
- In the expanded dialog box:
- In the Server field, enter your domain name, e.g.; ftp.HostingAccountDomain.com
- In the port field, enter: 21
- In the directory field, enter the directory you wish to publish the application to.
- In the Username field, enter the FTP user name.
- In the password field, enter the FTP password.
- Click Open.
- Click OK again.
- If prompted, re-enter the FTP password.