The following instructions apply only to Web Site Projects
Web Application projects, please see this Knowledge Base article
To publish your web site using the Copy Web Site feature:
- Open the web project to be deployed in Visual Studio 2010.
- Go to Web Site -> Copy Web Site. The Copy Web
tab will show
the Source Web site and the Remote Web site.
- Click the "Connect" button. The "Open Web Site" window will pop
- Select FTP Site.
- Enter the following values:
- Server: www.HostingAccountDomain.com
- Port: 21
- Directory: [name of the remote directory to copy to;
blank for the root]
- Passive Mode: checked*
- Anonymous Login: unchecked, and enter your login
* Note that passive mode may not be compatible with some home
network routers or modems. If you have difficulty connecting,
switching passive mode off.
- Click "Open."
- Select the files you want to copy from the Source Web site list.
- Use the arrow buttons in the middle to copy the selected files
from source to remote web site.
- Log into Control Panel and enable the directory as a web
application root using the Application Starting Point tool.
Article ID: 809, Created On: 4/30/2010, Modified: 4/21/2011