WinHost provides domain pointer services to point additional domain names to your site.
Important notes regarding domain pointers:
- Domain pointer service will point additional domain name(s) to the root of your primary hosted domain.
- Domain pointers do not include email accounts, however email aliases for domain pointers are available. Please refer to this Knowledge Base article.
- We do not point additional domains to subdirectories. To point domain pointers to subdirectories you will need to use a redirect script. Review this Knowledge Base article for an example of redirect code.
- The domain pointer order is not a domain registration system. Domain registration is a separate charge. Please refer to this Knowledge Base article for specific details on our Domain Name Registration policy.
- You are responsible for updating the name servers for any domain name that you submit as a domain pointer. You can find instructions for updating name servers for some popular registrars here. The name server settings for hosting your domain with WinHost are:
To enable the domain pointer service click on the Sites
tab in your hosting control panel
. Click on the Manage
link for the specific site. Inside the Site Info Manager
click the Domain Pointer
button and enter the domain name you are adding as a domain pointer. You will have the option to enable email aliases for the domain on this page as well.
Article ID: 696, Created On: 9/24/2009, Modified: 4/21/2011