This article covers the steps necessary to change the name server
records for domain names registered with Godaddy.com. This information
should be used when updating your domain name to point to your account
at WinHost. The instructions here were gathered from the
Godaddy.com web site and FAQs.
- Log in to your account at http://www.godaddy.com
- Click on "Domains," "My Domain Names" near the top of the page
- Click the domain name you wish to update
- Click the "Nameservers" icon
- Under the "Custom Name Servers" tab, replace any existing entries with the following:
- (Only the first two name servers are required, the third entry, NS3.WINHOST.COM, is optional)
- Click "Save Changes"
Name server updates typically take 12 to 24 hours, though in some cases
the propagation of the change can take up to 72 hours. Site users may
report problems accessing your site at WinHost during this
time. Until propagation is complete, requests to your domain name may
point to your previous host.
What to do if do not remember your Godaddy username and password
Click the "Forgot your password?" link under the login box, and
instructions to retrieve or reset the password will be sent to the
email address on file with Godaddy.com. If you experience any
difficulty retrieving a lost or forgotten password, you can contact
Godaddy.com technical support at (480) 505-8877.
Please note that the procedures for making changes at Godaddy.com
are subject to change. If you find that any part of this article is
inaccurate, please let our technical support department know so that we
can update this article.
Article ID: 512, Created On: 8/10/2009, Modified: 4/21/2011