When attempting to run an SQL query, an error similar to the following is returned:
Could not allocate space for object 'xxxxx'
in database 'SQL2012_xxxxx_xxx' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full.
The statement has been terminated.
This error indicates that your database size has exceeded the allocated
amount. To increase the amount of space allocated to your database:
- Go to the MS SQL tool in Control Panel
- Click the "Manage" link for the appropriate database
- Click "Edit" in the Assigned Quota line
- Enter a value larger than the Assigned Quota in the New Quota field
- Click the "Update" button
If you are on the WinHost Basic plan, you have a maximum
database quota of 200mb. In order to use more database space you must
upgrade to he WinHost Max plan, which provides 1000mb of database space
(and up to 10 SQL databases).
Article ID: 1046, Created On: 3/30/2012, Modified: 4/2/2012