Before you attempt to connect, make sure you have created a database in Control Panel
using the MS SQL Manager tool
To connect to your SQL database using SQL Server Management Studio, follow the steps listed below:
Open SQL Server Management Studio, the Connect to Server
window will open. Select/enter the following:
* Server Type: Database Engine
* Server Name: [The SQL server name can be found in the Control Panel
by navigating to Sites -> MS SQL Manager -> Manage]
* Authentication: SQL Server Authentication
* Login: [SQL database Login name]
* Password: [SQL database Password]
and you will be connected to the SQL server.
Note: If you are planning to use one of the Contained Database users (SQL 2012 only) to log into your database you will need to specify the database.
- Go to Options/Connection Properties
- Go to Connect to database and input your database name.
Article ID: 1033, Created On: 3/27/2012, Modified: 6/3/2012